Terms & Conditions
This document (“Terms”, “Terms and Agreements”, “Terms and Conditions”, “Conditions”, “Agreement”, “Contract”, “Creative Communication Award Terms and Agreements”, “Competition Terms and Conditions”, “Award Terms”) is a legally binding agreement between you as the User (“User”, “You”, “Your”, “Yourself”, “Customer”, “Buyer”, “Seller”, “Designer”, “Creative”, “Artist”, “Design Agency”, “Design Team”, “Member”, “Members”, “Participant”, “Participants”), and Creative Communication Award (“C2A”, “We”, “Us”, “Our”, “Ourselves”). By browsing or using the Creative Communication Award you agree to completely comply with the Terms and Conditions noted in this document without any reservation and you are accepting and agreeing to these terms which shall constitute a binding agreement between You and Creative Communication Award.
Your usage of Creative Communication Award is subject to terms and conditions defined in this document:
1. You communicate in and understand English, or a third-party translator have translated this agreement to you under oath and with full legal rights to translate legally binding contracts and agreements, in a faithful and fluent way that you understood correctly.
2. You have read and understood this contract, which is in English. You agree to each and every point of this contract, agreement, terms and conditions.
3. You state that you have read the entire Agreement, You understand all the Terms, and You accept all the Conditions.
4. You state that You are lawfully permitted to enter into and form contracts under applicable law. Before you could enter into our Terms and Conditions contract, you must be of legal age and in a reasonable, sound state of mind.
Who is eligible?
The C2A competition is open to anyone aged 18+ residing anywhere in the world. Professional entries will be judged against other professionals and student entries against other students.
Entrants must submit their work online. An image can be a JPEG (.jpeg, .jpg) or PNG (.png). One image is for the cover photo to identify the entry and the remaining 9 are supporting images of the entry. Images must not exceed 4MB per file and a minimum of 1000 pixels wide. Please only use letters and numbers in the title of the image.
If your entry has a product specification, you have an option to upload one PDF file in A4 or lettersized format. The PDF must not exceed 4MB.
Who is considered professional?
Designers and creatives who earn, or have earned, the majority of their income from creative design.
Entry Forms and Submissions
Please note that no entry will be processed unless the entry fee has been received. Work submitted without proper forms and payment will be disqualified. After payment has been made, entries cannot be altered.
Payments and Refunds
Once a submission fee has been paid, there are no refunds provided. If you have been wrongly charged for any reason, we will be happy to credit the amount that is due.
You may enter your work in as many categories as you see fit. However, the C2A jury and staff will not switch your entry into a different category on your behalf.
Use and Ownership of Materials
Copyright and all other rights remain with the designer. Any images used by C2A shall carry the designer’s credit line. C2A may use images in any media sponsor publication. All entrants understand that any image submitted to the competition may be used by C2A for marketing and promotional purposes including in any medium such as exhibitions, print, and digital media directly related to the C2A competition though there may not be monetary compensation. By winning or placing in the competition, you are agreeing to be included in the winner’s annual book.
Neither Creative Communication Award affiliates or partners assume any responsibility for materials submitted in violation of competition rules or for those which violate copyright regulations. C2A will investigate claims of copyright infringement to the best of its ability and will remove and disqualify submissions that are clearly demonstrated to violate copyright and/or competition policies. C2A will act to maintain the integrity of the competition and its affiliated entities but is not responsible for any damages resulting from images submitted in violation of rules and regulations.
You are fully responsible for any Content you provide to C2A
1. Content can be any digital or physical material including but not limited to video, image, sound, photographs or other file or item that contain any data or information that might be subject to copyright.
2. It is your responsibility to ensure that any Content you upload, hand-in or provide to C2A is your own Content and/or you have full rights to provide us with a license that will satisfy your requirements to fulfil this contract; that is you would be granting C2A an irrevocable, perpetual, unlimited, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, infinitely sub-licensable, worldwide license to use and exploit your Content, and very importantly and especially you are reminded that you allow C2A to publicly publish, exploit and promote your Content as well as to permit any third-parties including but not limited to press partners, marketing platforms and affiliate websites as decided by C2A at its sole discretion, as well as C2A itself and C2A System to promote, publish or exploit your Content without any obligations or dues towards you or to any third-parties. If any Content you have provided to C2A, and/or any Content you provided to C2A that is published at C2A System and/or any Content you provided to C2A published by third-party websites including but not limited to press members and media that promote and publish C2A Content, results in a copyright infringement notice against C2A, C2A System and/or C2A press partners and/or C2A media syndication network, then you agree and understand that you would be solely and fully responsible and you further understand and agree that you will agree to fully indemnify, release, protect, defend, and hold harmless Creative Communication Award, C2A owners, C2A stakeholders, C2A shareholders, C2A System, C2A Press Partners, C2A Affiliates and/or C2A Media Syndication Network for and from any Claims, Costs and Damages and reimburse C2A for or bear any Cost or Damages including but not limited to any due fees, licensing fees, copyright infringement fees, settlement fees, mediation fees, ancillary charges, costs, dispute costs, penalties and government fees and agree to protect, release, defend, hold harmless and indemnify C2A, C2A owners, C2A stakeholders, C2A shareholders, C2A System, C2A investors, C2A directors, C2A agents, C2A affiliates, C2A directors, C2A officers, C2A press partners, C2A media syndication network and C2A employees from any and all damages, including without limitation all costs, fees, penalties, claims, demands, actions, proceedings, costs, expenses, ancillary charges, auxiliary costs, allegations, assertions, complaints, causes of actions, investigatory costs, loss of profits, intangible losses, loss of goodwill, attorneys’ fees, litigation costs, judgements, suits, costs of any investigation, defenses, settlements, known or unknown, direct or indirect, consequential or nonconsequential, incidental or non-incidental, actual, legal, special, punitive, extraordinary, exemplary or any other damages, arising out of or in connection with any and all issues that is regarding to any Content you have provided to C2A, that you have directly or indirectly by means of providing to C2A; provided to C2A press partners, to C2A media syndication network, to C2A, to yourself or to third-parties, regardless of whether C2A was advised of the possibility of such damages, charges or costs, notwithstanding any allegations that C2A was negligent, responsible or otherwise at fault.
3. If C2A receive a copyright infringement notice or dispute in relation to your Content, C2A at its sole discretion may decide whether to take down, conceal, delete or un-publish your Content or not, without informing you, without any obligations towards you, without seeking your permission. If C2A decides not to take down, un-publish, conceal or delete your Content, even if such decision is taken by C2A, you will still be legally and fully responsible for any and all costs, damages, fees, fines, charges, penalties and dues that not deleting, not taking down, not un-publishing and not concealing your Content might create, and you are reminded you also promise to protect, indemnify, release, defend, and hold harmless C2A for and from any and all claims, costs and damages, including without limitation all costs, fees, penalties, claims, demands, actions, proceedings, costs, expenses, ancillary charges, auxiliary costs, allegations, assertions, complaints, causes of actions, investigatory costs, loss of profits, intangible losses, loss of goodwill, attorneys’ fees, litigation costs, judgements, suits, costs of any investigation, defenses, settlements, known or unknown, direct or indirect, consequential or non-consequential, incidental or nonincidental, actual, legal, special, punitive, extraordinary, exemplary or any other damages, arising out of or in connection with any and all issues that is related to your Content.
The user undertakes to:
not introduce, integrate or transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory and/or libelous, vulgar, obscene, damaging to other’s privacy, racist, classist or otherwise objectionable onto the website;
not upload, post, transmit or distribute content onto the website that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other industrial and/or intellectual property rights of third parties (hereinafter, “third party rights”);
not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for commercial purposes the content of the website or any part thereof;
not access, alter or delete any information contained on the website that has not been authorized to access.
The user acknowledges that the website and its content is protected by the laws applicable to intellectual and/or industrial property. The user also acknowledges and agrees that the content reported in advertisements or the information presented to the user by the website or by the advertisers are protected by the rules of copyright, trademarks, patents or other intellectual and/or industrial property rights. Unless expressly authorized by C2A, the user undertakes to not modify or arrange in any way (either free of charge or for payment) and to not distribute, disseminate or create works based entirely or partially on the website or on the any media platform. To avoid any doubts, the use of technologies that facilitate the copying of the content of the Software, including, amongst others, spider, spyware or bots is forbidden. All trademarks, logos, trade names and other features of any kind used in the website (hereinafter the “Features”), are owned by C2A, without prejudice to any presence of other signs, logos and trademarks belonging to third parties (including, but not limited to, partners, suppliers and customers) and used by C2A with their permission. The use of the Features by the user, in any manner and for any purpose, including reproduction on other websites, is expressly forbidden, without the prior written permission of C2A.
The personal data subjects have the right at any time to obtain confirmation of the existence or otherwise of such data and to know its content and origin, verify its accuracy or request its integration or updating, or correction. Pursuant to this Article, the user shall have the right to request cancellation, anonymization or blocking of data processed in violation of the law, and to oppose its processing in any case, for legitimate reasons.
Modification of these terms
C2A reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions of Use without prior notice. The changes will be effective as and when they are published on the website. Following modifications of these Terms and Conditions of Use, the user must accept them in order to continue using the website. C2A recommends viewing this page regularly to ensure correct understanding of the Terms and Conditions of Use.
These Terms and Conditions of Use are governed exclusively by California, USA (“Applicable Law”). Any disputes relating to these Terms and Conditions of Use of the website shall be governed by the Applicable Law. Use of this website implies acceptance of the Applicable Law.
C2A in compliance with the regulations concerning the processing of personal data, undertakes to preserve the IP number used by the User to access publication or consultation functions of the content.