Soaring High with Jeffrey Milstein: A Skyward Glance at Creativity and Recognition
Fun Facts about Jeffrey Milstein:
- – Jeffrey Milstein has a keen eye for capturing the world from above, showcasing his unique perspective through aerial photography.
- – He draws inspiration from dreams, fueling his creative process with a mix of intuition, artistic evaluation, equipment integration, and logistics.
- – Navigating the twists and turns of aerial photography presents challenges, from finding willing helicopter pilots to dealing with scheduling and securing permissions from aviation authorities.
- – His recent project captures the enchanting world of Los Angeles theme parks, showcasing the magic of Disneyland and Universal Studios.
About the Project: Los Angeles Theme Parks
Jeffrey Milstein’s award-winning project takes us on a breathtaking journey above the iconic Disneyland and Universal Studios theme parks in Los Angeles, California. Through his lens, he captures the magic, joy, and diversity of these enchanting spaces where people of all backgrounds come together to experience wonder. The aerial perspective adds a layer of artistry, showcasing the parks in a way that invites viewers to see them with fresh eyes.
Exclusive Interview with Jeffrey Milstein
1. Fresh from your recent win at the C2A Awards, can you share how the recognition has already influenced your perspective on your creative journey or business endeavors?
Jeffrey Milstein: We send it out to our galleries who post on their media.
2. Let’s rewind to your journey through the submission and evaluation process for the C2A Awards. What were the standout moments, challenges, or surprises you encountered?
Jeffrey Milstein: No challenges. It went easily.
3. Creativity is a mystic force. What fuels your imagination, and how do you approach the creative process?
Jeffrey Milstein: I often get ideas from dreams. My process combines intuition, artistic evaluation, equipment integration, and logistics.
4. Navigating the twists and turns of a creative career often involves overcoming obstacles. What are some challenges you’ve faced, and how have you tackled them?
Jeffrey Milstein: Shooting aerials is always more complicated than ground-based photography. First, I have to find helicopter charters with pilots willing to make the steep turns I require for my straight iconic down images. Scheduling is always a problem because you can’t know the weather far enough in advance so bookings get complicated. Permissions have to be secured from the local aviation authorities. Often there are conflicts with air traffic going in and out of nearby airports so I can’t always get where I want to be in cities.
5. The ink on your C2A victory is still fresh. In what ways do you anticipate the award impacting your credibility and reputation in the creative industry, and how do you envision leveraging this recognition as you move forward?
Jeffrey Milstein: It’s always nice to share an award from C2A with my galleries and peers. It enhances my reputation.
6. Networking and collaboration are integral to growth. Have you already seen opportunities or partnerships emerge as a result of your C2A win, and how do you foresee these connections shaping your future in the industry?
Jeffrey Milstein: I think it helps, but in many small ways rather than any one big thing I know about.
7. Immediate effects aside, do you foresee winning the C2A Award influencing the demand for your services or products in the near future?
Jeffrey Milstein: Every good publicity item helps.
8. As a recent C2A Award winner, what aspects of the experience have you found most valuable, and would you encourage others in the creative industry to consider participating?
Jeffrey Milstein: It’s a well-respected magazine, so it’s nice to be featured. Anyone wanting to share recent work they are proud of should enter.
9. Looking ahead, do you see yourself applying for the next edition of the C2A Awards, and what aspects of the competition would motivate you to participate again?
Jeffrey Milstein: Yes. The high quality of the winners.
10. Staying current is an ongoing challenge. How do you currently keep abreast of new industry trends, and are there any emerging trends you’re excited to incorporate into your work?
Jeffrey Milstein: Looking at design magazines is a good way to stay current.
11. Future gazing: what plans and aspirations are on the horizon for you, and how do you anticipate your creative journey evolving over time?
Jeffrey Milstein: I have a book of London aerials coming out in April: “London From the Air, Rizzoli.” You can pre-order it now from the usual book sellers.
12. Zooming in on your recent triumph, what inspired the winning project you submitted to the C2A Awards?
Jeffrey Milstein: I have always loved amusement parks and county fairs and such. I have been photographing places like Coney Island, Disneyland, and Universal Studios both in LA and Orlando for some years. I like that they are places where all types and economic stratum of people mingle.
Soaring to New Heights with Jeffrey Milstein
As we conclude this exclusive interview with Jeffrey, the magic of his aerial photography resonates. His recent triumph at the C2A Awards not only highlights his exceptional talent but also propels him to new heights in the creative industry. As Jeffrey continues to capture the world from above, his vision and artistry promise to inspire and captivate audiences worldwide.
Here’s to more breathtaking journeys with Jeffrey Milstein!
More about Jeffrey Milstein and the Project:
C2A – Jeffrey Milstein (Studio 331) – Winner in Other / Photography
Jeffrey Milstein’s Website
Other C2A Winners:
2023 C2A Winners